Welcome to the information page for the Annual ASF Challenge. We have compiled many of the questions that you may have. If you do not find the answer for your query, please ask one of the coaches.
WHAT IT IS: A fun, competitive and challenging way to take advantage of the New Year resolution to achieve the best shape of your life! Except this time, it’s going to work [icon name=”smile-o” class=””]. Literally, all you have to do is show up and we will take care of the rest.
Point systems will be allocated for percentage of weight lost, body fat lost, attendance, physical challenges attempted/completed and weekly check-ins, among others. You will also accrue points for any referrals before and during the six week period.
WHO IT’S FOR: Anyone and everyone! You do not have to be a regular client of ASF, so bring a friend or two! If you are currently attending ASF and bring a buddy that is new to ASF, your registration fee is waived!
WHEN IT WILL BE: January 15 – February 24, 2018 (six weeks). Early registration starts December 20th, 2017. We are going to cap it this year at 75 people.
HOW MUCH IT WILL COST: $59 for current members; $99 for non-members
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE:
6 weeks of M2 training at Adrenaline Sports & Fitness ($175 value)
ASF T-shirt ($15 value)
Two Bi-weekly Nutrition roundtables ($200 value); ATTENDANCE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Pre and post BodPod body composition measurement($130 value)
Access to private Facebook group (weekly check-ins are strongly recommended!)
Chances to win $$$!!! We gave away over $2000 last year!
WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT:
IMPROVED BODY COMPOSITION
COMPETITION & FUN
IMPROVED CONFIDENCE AND WELL-BEING
REDUCTION IN HEALTH RISK FACTORS
RULES & GUIDELINES
* You are welcome to attend as many M2 sessions as you would like.
* Each week will have a different physical challenge; you can attempt the challenge any day of the week, but can only attempt once per week. You will have one chance during week 6 to attempt a challenge a second time.
* Payment must be in full by January 20th, 2018.
* All points will be recorded on a whiteboard to keep competition levels high.
* Gift cards are not applicable toward the registration fee.
* Please make every effort to attend the nutrition round tables held at 5:00pm or at 7:30pm throughout the week. This is for your benefit to answer the questions you will have throughout the duration of the contest. Nutrition is the most important factor of your success and it is necessary to follow the guidelines laid out for you. Roundtables will be held during the second and fourth week. We are also looking into virtual options to compliment live roundtables.
* Must activate a Facebook account to participate in the weekly check-ins and updates for the challenge. The weekly check-ins hold you accountable and provide answers and feedback to your questions as well as a boost in morale throughout the competition. The whole group will be logged onto this account and used as a forum to help guide you through the process. If you do not have a Facebook account you can quickly activate one for the sole purpose of this challenge and then deactivate it once you are finished in six weeks.
* Must take the BodPod body fat measurement by January 2oth. The second BodPod will be scheduled exactly six weeks after the first BodPod. Please call Dawn at 779-6444 to schedule your appointment.
* You MUST have fun! This is about changing behaviors and habits while enjoying your time among friends in a positive and supportive environment. We are here to help you make this an enjoyable journey but it is ultimately up to you to stay committed and focused during the process.
ATTENDANCE = 1 point
WEEKLY CHECK-IN = 2 points
BODPOD = 3 points
NUTRITION ROUNDTABLE ATTENDANCE = 3 points
REFERRALS = 3 points
SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS/PICTURES = 1 point/post (maximum of 5 points/week)
PHYSICAL CHALLENGE = EACH CHALLENGE WILL HAVE POINTS BASED ON CRITERIA PRE-DETERMINED BY ASF STAFF. YOU WILL RECEIVE POINTS WHETHER YOU FINISH FIRST OR LAST.
This will be a team event with teams of three (maybe four) competing against other teams within the same sex (boys vs. boys, girls vs. girls). Teams will be “drafted” by the coaches one week before the Challenge begins and will be posted. More info will be posted on the Team Categories.